I'm writing up a post on how it went in 2013 with my 35 by 35 list.
But in the meantime, on this first day of the New Year, here is my 36 by 36 list. This year, like my friend Sarah does with her annual list, I'm going to try for half this time around. I'm getting the hang of this now.
I carried forward #1-23, with some modification. Some are longer term works-in-progress (#2-6, #10, #14).
1. See a movie at the Ford Drive-In
2. Blog 50 photos I took on the Polaroid, Yashica, or Rolleiflex cameras
3. Shoot and print a roll of double exposures with Matt
Shoot and print a roll of underwater photos
5. Fill an art journal with collages and drawings
6. Hike #100trailmiles
7. Kayak in Port Austin, Michigan
8. Take our bikes over to Ontario for a ride
9. Complete an encaustic collage series with vintage women in the outdoors photos
10. Finish 6 craft projects I planned
o Michigan postcards collage
o Vintage type set drawer piece
o Washi dress #2
o Market bags
13. Finally go to the Detroit Soup
14. Finish decorating the bedroom
15. Hang our art and prints
17. Practice yoga or meditation every day for a month
18. Tour the Rouge factory
21. Scan my grandpa’s photos with my mom
24. Take long exposure photos of the stars at the Headlands International Dark Sky Park
25. Ice skate on the Rideau Canal in Ottawa
26. Attend a weekend art workshop or retreat
29. Submit one (or more) of my dissertation papers for publication
30. Go camping...anywhere!
31. Learn to play a duet on the guitar with Matt
34. Swim in the Barton Springs Pool in Austin
35. List and sell something on Etsy
2014 – ready, set, go!